Vendor: Drift Innovation Models: Drift HD Ghost, Drift HD, Drift HD720 Status: Previewed in Treasured and routinely repaired
Drift HD cameras are high-definition action cameras, best suited for extreme sports.
- Drift HD720 can record in up to 2 different modes (720p and WVGA)
- Drift HD can record in up to 3 different modes (1080p, 720p and WVGA)
- Drift HD Ghost can record up to 4 different modes (1080p, 960p, 720p and WVGA)
1080p @ 30/25fps. 960p @ 50/48/30/25fps. 720p @ 60/50/30/25fps (60/50 fps only at HD and Ghost models)
WVGA 848 x 480 @ 120/100, 60/50, or 30/25fps (120/100 fps only available at HD and Ghost models)
All of them create QuickTime .mov files containing a H264 video track and audio encoded in AAC format. You can check camera's full tech specs comparison at Compare Drift HD Cameras
Failure modesThe causes of failure reported by Drift HD users needing to repair files are:
- Battery dead during recording
- Loss of power due to intense vibrations during recording
- Destruction of camera during recording
- Accidental deletion of files
- SD memory card failure
The damaged files cannot be opened because recording did terminate abruptly, or movie index recovered from deletion is incorrect: While the media (video and audio) is present and not corrupt, the index and header of the movie indicating what the data means, is not present. Repair consists in reindexing the movie.
Due to recording mechanism, last seconds of action may not have been recorded.