This page probably won't work great in Internet Explorer. We generally only support the recent versions of major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.
Thanks to the α series — spelled out as Alpha, or A series — Sony engaged professional videographers with a still camera, that turned into a remarkable versatile video camera.
This is how it evolved and became a referent in its category.
Sony A7 and Sony A7R
First Sony's full-frame mirrorless cameras.
Interchangeable Lens Cameras with E-mount (ILCE).
Sony A7S and Sony A7 II
Sony A7S model records 50 Mbit/s 4K XAVC-S video.
New slow motion, perfect fit for wedding coverage.
Sony A7R II and Sony A7S II
Slow motion is now 1080p 120fps in A7S II model.
Sony A7R II is able to auto repair broken media.
Sony A7R III and Sony A7 III
More time for video recordings thanks to larger batteries and dual SD memory card slots.
Evolution of A7 series announced, the Sony A9.
Sony A7R IV
Instantaneous HDR workflow ideal for post-production using S-Log and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) profiles.
New Sony A9 II announced.
Sony categorizes Alpha series models in four different lines, all of them using same XAVC-S codec when recording video.
- Balanced: Sony A7, A7 II and A7 III
- Resolution: Sony A7R, A7R II, A7R III and A7R IV
- Sensitivity: Sony A7S, A7S II and A7S III
- Flagship: Sony A9 and A9 II
Sony A7S files are routinely repaired by our service
Main causes of failure reported by Sony A7S users, leading to a repair of corrupted files, are:
- Camera power off while recording (clip not finalized)
Leaving behind a MP4 file
- Loss of power during recording. System shutdown
- File not finished due to battery failure
- Auto-repair in camera after a sudden shutoff doesn't work
- After recording XML file is missing. MP4 can't be opened
- Recording stopped showing an error
Error Message in camera is displayed
After a power loss while recording, if you can't open your broken MP4 files — neither in the camera nor on your computer — we can recover your Sony A7S media and make your recordings playable again.
Try Treasured on your damaged Sony A7S files!
Our service offers:
- FREE diagnostics and preview with Treasured
- FREE sample of repaired video
- Try before you buy with a FREE trial of your Repair Kit
- Enjoy FREE customer support by speaking directly with our trained experts
- Invaluable expertise, dedication and second to none customer service
Video Repair — online
Mac, Windows, Linux
How to repair corrupted A7S files?
That's what happened to Craig, one of our customers:
"Camera was recording in 4K, there was an external battery source used to power the camera. The power got unplugged before the camera stop record button was pressed. Then the MP4 can not be opened by camera or computer."
Fortunately, we were able to solve the problem and provide him the Repair Kit to fix the file.
See how was his experience recovering the lost shot in following video.
“If you ever have a video file that corrupts and you're looking for a solution, I highly recommend Aero Quartet”
Solution: Your Repair Kit, developed by our technicians
All models from Sony Alpha series are supported. No matter whether the files are recorded using FullHD or 4K resolution, or even using slow motion recording mode.
The damaged files cannot be opened because recording did terminate abruptly. While the media — video and audio — is present and not corrupt, the index and header of the movie indicating what the data means, is not present.