Models: C300, XF305, XF300, XF105, XF100
Status: Routinely repaired.
Canon XF is a professional video format used by Canon XF series and Canon C300 series. Technically, Canon XF is compatible with MPEG-2 and XDCAM at bitstream level. Canon XF footage is wrapped inside .MXF files
Treasured can detect Canon XF footage in recovered files, and also in cards and in hard disks.
Treasured has a built-in preview function, and shows Canon XF thumbnails that help identify the content of the corrupted media..
All profiles of Canon XF are supported.
Failure ModesThe causes of failure reported by Canon XF users needing to repair files are:
- Loss of power during recording
- Device was turned off during recording (clip not finalized)
- Accidental deletion of MXF files
- Memory card has been formatted by accident
- MXF files recovered (through undelete or recovery utilities) are corrupted
- MXF footage doesn't preview in Canon utility
We can repair Canon XF footage by reindexing the media into a MXF file.
Aero Quartet engineers develop a Repair Kit with the following features:
- Repaired footage has same quality as originally recorded
- Repaired Videos come in same MXF containers as normal footage, and are compatible with production workflow
Canon XF repairs are available through our Production HQ plans.