Latest Sony CineAlta cameras are capable of RAW video recording.
source: Magnanimous Media
The causes of failure reported by Sony RAW users needing to repair files are:
- Loss of power during recording. System shutdown
- Device was turned off during recording (clip not finalized)
- AXS Recorder not ready when card is ejected (files closing was not complete)
- Accidental deletion of MXF files
- AXSM card has been formatted by accident
- MXF files recovered (through undelete or recovery utilities) are corrupted
- MXF footage doesn't preview in Sony RAW Viewer
Treasured (since version 3) can detect Sony RAW footage in recovered files (regardless of extension), in AXSM cards and in hard disks.
For preview, please verify if you have installed the necessary software.
Treasured supports all Sony RAW flavors available as of January 2014:
- 4K from CineAlta F65, F55, F5 and FS700
- 2K from CineAlta F55 and FS700
Since 2013 we have successfully repaired Sony RAW footage by developing specific Repair Kits:
- Repaired Videos have same quality as originally recorded
- Repaired Videos come in same MXF containers as normal footage, and are compatible with RAW workflow
- Metadata (color, shutter, timecodes) is recovered as well
Sony RAW repairs are only available through our 4K and Cinema plans.